couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <>
Subject [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.0.2 release, Round 1
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2010 18:43:42 GMT

I would like call a vote for the Apache CouchDB 1.0.2 release, round 1.

Changes since 1.0.1:

 * Make test suite work with Safari and Chrome.

Storage System:

 * Fix leaking file handles after compacting databases and views.
 * Fix databases forgetting their validation function after compaction.
 * Fix occasional timeout errors after successfully compacting large databases.
 * Fix ocassional error when writing to a database that has just been compacted.
 * Fix occasional timeout errors on systems with slow or heavily loaded IO.

Log System:

 * Reduce lengthy stack traces.
 * Allow logging of native <xml> types.

HTTP Interface:

 * Allow reduce=false parameter in map-only views.
 * Fix parsing of Accept headers.

 * Updated ibrowse library to 2.1.0 fixing numerous replication issues.
 * Fix authenticated replication (with HTTP basic auth) of design documents
   with attachments.
 * Various fixes to make replication more resilient for edge-cases.

View Server:

 * Don't trigger view updates when requesting `_design/doc/_info`.
 * Fix for circular references in CommonJS requires.
 * Made isArray() function available to functions executed in the query server.
 * Documents are now sealed before being passed to map functions.

We encourage the whole community to download and test these release artifacts so
that any critical issues can be resolved before the release is made. Everyone is
free to vote on this release, so get stuck in!

We are voting on the following release artifacts:

These artifacts have been built from the 1.0.2 tag in Subversion:

Happy voting,
Paul Davis

View raw message