couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Tristan Sloughter <tristan.slough...@gmail.com>
Subject CouchDB OTP
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2010 15:52:09 GMT
Hi everyone, I have a github fork from apache/couchdb
https://github.com/tsloughter/couchdb that I modified to be more OTP
compliant and now builds with sinan (from http://erlware.org). There wasn't
much that I've done so far. I moved the CouchDB app under lib/couchdb. I
removed the other apps from the source tree, they can easily be installed
with faxien (from http://erlware.org) and versions can be declared if
necessary. I changed the _app.erl file to not start applications and added
those applications instead to the applications list in the .app file. They
will be started properly by the release's boot script.

I moved all non-Erlang stuff to lib/couchdb/priv.

I still have a number of things to do that I hope to get to tonight. First,
fix up the two scripts under bin/. Fix the configuration file locations
(some stuff is hardcoded for my environment). Add a hook to sinan to compile
the icu driver -- right now I just copied the library over from a build of
CouchDB I did separately.

There are probably a few other things.. But I was able to do an
application:start(couchdb) last night and see it working :).

There were a few things I thought of changing within the code as I dug
around but those are a separate issue that I'll bring up in discussion after
all this is complete.

Tristan