couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Next Release
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2010 18:51:21 GMT
On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 1:43 PM, Ryan Ramage <ryan.ramage@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am a little confused by the couch versioning in jira, the code
> lines,  and the release schedule. I have a jira that I am looking
> forward to having show up in an official couch version. The Jira is
> COUCHDB-161 with a fix version is 0.12.
>
> In the code base, the last commit seems to be around here (about aug
> 25 in trunk), in which Robert was working on:
>
> https://github.com/apache/couchdb/commit/4875101eafd9852c4944eedbe65fd31045a73ef7
>
> I may be missing something, but I don't see it being pulled up into
> the 0.11.x or the 1.0.x branch.
>

> I am just wondering if someone could help me understand if this jira
> (the range request headers) might make it in the next official couch
> release, or what version of couch I might see it in? And if so, could
> I get a thumb-suck guess as when this might be?
>
> Thanks!

If memory serves, that's been committed to trunk which means it'll be
in the next release (1.1.0). We only back port bug fixes to previous
versions, so it won't be in of the other release updates (1.0.x). As
to when that'll get released, I would say soonish. We've been wrapping
up the final big pushes for 1.1.0 so I would say some time this month
unless something comes up.

Also, I wouldn't pay too much attention to what the version numbers
are set to in JIRA. We're not overly religious on maintaining that
field and it drifts as releases are made. Basically, if its a new
feature, it goes in the next release. If it were a bug fix, it will
generally be back ported.

HTH,
Paul Davis