couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Preparing the 1.0.2 release
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2010 18:02:56 GMT
On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 12:48 PM, Jeroen Janssen
<jeroen.janssen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering about the 4+Gb append issue on Windows which has a
> patch pending in Erlang.
> This issue (indirectly) influences CouchDB's usefullness for larger
> databases on the Windows platform.
>
> Is this (more explicitly) being mentioned somewhere and/or will there
> be a new couchdb release when a new Erlang (containing that patch) is
> released?
> i.e. this is more of a how to deal with 'couchdb depends on external
> software which contains a certain important bug' question.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jeroen

I'm not entirely certain on the specifics. Perhaps there should be a
note on the wiki page or near the windows packages this specific fact,
but assuming that no code changes in CouchDB are required then I'd
consider this a documentation thing as we used to have to do with the
5.5.5 VM.

HTH,
Paul Davis