couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: add plugin handling to the build system
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2010 19:46:44 GMT
On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 1:25 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
> Following some kind of discussion on IRC, I would like to propose that
> we had plugin handling to our build system. By plugin, I mean :
>
> - custom daemons
> - handlers
> - auth plugin,
>
> It implys that we are abble to add them dynamically to the build (and
> eventually handling their dependancies) and that we manage insertionin
> ini files if it's needed. Anyone have some experience or example using
> autotools for that ? The only page I've found for now is this one :
>
>  - http://www.flameeyes.eu/autotools-mythbuster/libtool/plugins.html
>
> Do we need to wait rebar integration ?
>
> - benoit

Could you be a tad more specific on what your use cases might be? I
don't think that autotools is going to be too amenable to what you're
wanting to do. Also, why do you need to distribute your plugin source
as part of CouchDB?

Something I could see is adding a couchdb-config script that allows
plugin build systems to place their code on the code path that gets
loaded and then they can just use the default.d and local.d
directories.

Paul