couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Gabriel Farrell <gsf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error when compiling on Debian testing
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 17:03:30 GMT
On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 11:24 AM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
> On 8 Nov 2010, at 17:13, Gabriel Farrell wrote:
>> Attempts to compile from HEAD on Github (at commit e9bf7b33c7),
>> following the DEVELOPERS doc, on my 64-bit Debian testing machine
>> resulted in the following error:
>>
>>    ./mochifmt.erl:none: error in parse transform 'eunit_autoexport'
>>
>> Full configure and make logs attached.
>
> Thanks for the extensive logs. Does your Erlang installation
> include EUnit? From the looks of it you are running Erlang
> R14B, is that correct?

    $ erl
    Erlang R14A (erts-5.8) [source] [64-bit] [smp:2:2] [rq:2]
[async-threads:0] [kernel-poll:false]

An `apt-cache show erlang-dev` says "Version: 1:14.a-dfsg-2".

I didn't have erlang-eunit installed. Once I apt-get it,
`./configure`, `make`, and `make install` run without errors, but an
attempt to start up couch produces the attached error report.

Gabriel