couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Lemenkov <lemen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.0.2 release, Round 1
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2010 06:14:13 GMT
2010/11/26 Robert Newson <robert.newson@gmail.com>:
> pretty sure ibrowse and mochiweb have important tweaks, using versions
> without them is broken.

I'm not sure about mochiweb (since couchdb contains very old svn
snapshot, and it's hard to check for the differences) but regarding
ibrowse - couchdb is only 1 patch behind the 2.1.0. I'll plan to
backport in into 2.1.0 shipped in Fedora.

So

a) These libraries are not so different from upstream ones (at least
true for ibrowse)
b) CouchDB in Fedora isn't so deadly broken as someone of you may think

In fact I'm watching very closely the development of both ibrowse and
mochiweb so I'm aware of the changes made or just proposed by CouchDB
folks.

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.