couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Website Styles
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2010 15:04:31 GMT
On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 3:53 PM, Kristina Schneider
<kriesse@couchone.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I am the creative head at CouchOne, and Jan asked me to help out with the redesign of
the Apache CouchDB Website.

> He pointed me to Klaus Trainer’s fork, and I took it from there.
>
> https://github.com/Kriesse/couchdb_web
>
> I implemented a more subtle color scheme and put some love into details and a fancy landing
page (index.html). The content pages (download.html) remain very simple and clear, with the
focus on good legibility.

> The website is tested in the latest versions of FF, Chrome, Safari, but will probably
need some tweaks to look good in IE etc., too.

> Let me know what you think!
> Looking forward to your feedback,
> Kristina

I like this design. But imo, main menu sections should be on top, to
have fast access to them. Especially the download & support links.

Anyway thanks for that !

- benoit