couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Filipe David Manana <fdman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: use view functions to emit changes
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2010 12:29:41 GMT
On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 12:22 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know why "whitespaces" are introduced. One sure things is
> that's the only external code I edit where I have it, and I edit a lot
> of code.
>
> Having indentations rules force any editor to follow them (except
> weird editors like textmate, which doesen't do it without a plugin),
> which would be good. One other thing is to improve our code guidelines
> and how we follow them.

Those are strange. Specially the ones that add a single white space
before a '.' like this:
https://github.com/benoitc/couchdb/commit/651e29e1bb767fb493bf75497623dae89bf9a5ad#L4R60

Nevertheless, there are git flags (and for the 'path' command as well)
to give warnings (or fail) on white space only changes.

--
Filipe David Manana,
fdmanana@gmail.com, fdmanana@apache.org