couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.0.2 release, Round 1
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2010 11:57:34 GMT

On 26 Nov 2010, at 11:30, Peter Lemenkov wrote:

> 2010/11/26 Dirkjan Ochtman <dirkjan@ochtman.nl>:
>> On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 00:27, Robert Newson <robert.newson@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> pretty sure ibrowse and mochiweb have important tweaks, using versions
>>> without them is broken.
>>
>> Are these being pushed upstream?
>
> Unfortunately, right now CouchDB's own copy of mochiweb misses many
> bugfixes already available in upstream. So it's worth to rebase
> couchdb on top of recently released 1.4.1 rather than trying to find
> something valuable in src/mochiweb.

The flip side of that is that you can't know if newer than imported
versions introduce any subtle issues with CouchDB. In an ideal world
our test suite would catch these, but if we were to live in an ideal
world, we wouldn't have dependency hell like this. Besides, tests can
only verify the existence of bugs, not their absence (Dijkstra IIRC).

Cheers
Jan