couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.0.2 release, Round 1
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2010 13:55:47 GMT

On 26 Nov 2010, at 07:14, Peter Lemenkov wrote:

> 2010/11/26 Robert Newson <robert.newson@gmail.com>:
>> pretty sure ibrowse and mochiweb have important tweaks, using versions
>> without them is broken.
>
> I'm not sure about mochiweb (since couchdb contains very old svn
> snapshot, and it's hard to check for the differences) but regarding
> ibrowse - couchdb is only 1 patch behind the 2.1.0. I'll plan to
> backport in into 2.1.0 shipped in Fedora.

We always patch Mochiweb to fit our needs that are divergent from the
upstream project. It isn't safe to assume an independent cut of Mochiweb
will just work.

e.g. we're changing the default handling of encoding integers in mochijson2
among other things.

I'd strongly suggest to not build a package that is seemingly like our
release but has subtle differences or bugs.

Cheers
Jan