couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.0.2 release, Round 1
Date Sun, 28 Nov 2010 20:02:33 GMT

On 28 Nov 2010, at 19:53, Paul Davis wrote:

> Is there a special incantation for aborting a vote? Something like:

I usually say something like:

> I'm aborting this vote for [some obvious reason.]
>
> I will prepare a new release artefact and call round two of the vote shortly.

This is canonicalised here:

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Release_procedure

Where it says:

> The Release Manager has the power to abort a vote at any point and for any reason.

Notice how purposefully vague I left it?

THATS BECAUSE I HAVE TEH AWSUM POWARS.

I guess you could say:

> I'm feeling a little capricious today, so the vote is aborted.
>
> I'll prepare a new release and call round two of the vote whenever I damn well feel like
it.

I would advise against that though.

Lest Rusty comes after you like a rabid hound, baying for your blood.

> It's not pinin'! It's passed on! This vote is no more! It has ceased
> to be! It's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! It's a stiff! Bereft
> of life, it rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed it to the perch it'd
> be pushing up the daisies! Its metabolic processes are now 'istory!
> It's off the twig! It's kicked the bucket, it's shuffled off 'is
> mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir
> invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-VOTE!!

Or that.