couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.0.2 release, Round 1
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2010 23:33:57 GMT

On 25 Nov 2010, at 23:27, Robert Newson wrote:

> pretty sure ibrowse and mochiweb have important tweaks, using versions
> without them is broken.
>
> Not sure I understand the release process if it allows voting on
> things other than the release artifact.

Peter was voting on the release artefact. It just so happens that he's also modified it to
suit his purposes. Say I downloaded the release artefact, and installed it into a custom set-up
as well. If it pleased me, I'd vote a +1 because it works how I want it to. Seems fine to
me.

If someone took the release artefact, modified it, and uploaded it somewhere else, and said
"I've voted +1 on the release when it contains my changes." That would be a problem. But voting
on the release artefact for its suitability for your own purposes is totally fine.