couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Externals: Implemented with tests
Date Sun, 03 Oct 2010 21:59:06 GMT
On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 3:18 AM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
> Most odd. Individual tests are run in independent processes so the
> scope of interaction should be confined to a single *.t file. 170 is
> pretty tiny in what it does. Once it gets to test 19, the remaining
> tests are all asserts on a record. Let me know if you find anything
> else.
>
> Paul
>
> On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 8:30 PM, Randall Leeds <randall.leeds@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Make check hangs at 19/? in 170-os-daemons.t for me. Running it
>> individually worked.
>> Could be some conflict with an early test? Seems strange. No time to
>> investigate now.
>>
>> Thanks for this awesome work, Paul.
>>
>> -Randall
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 15:43, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hey everyone,
>>>
>>> I've gone and implemented the two features discussed in [1] with the
>>> goal of using them to replace the current _externals API. The code is
>>> up at [2]. I'd like to get a couple people to build and run the tests
>>> (./bootstrap && ./configure && make dev && make check)
to make sure
>>> everything is sane. Let me know if you have any comments or
>>> suggestions. If a couple people report back with successful test runs
>>> I'll probably push this to trunk in the next couple days barring
>>> someone raising a serious objection.
>>>
>>> There's also a blog post at [3] that describes the current situation
>>> with words and stuff.
>>>
>>> Paul Davis
>>>
>>> [1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-dev/201009.mbox/%3CAANLkTinv+-eqqraCjajVxzXA=soyCo_Pk1cs8MMCVXHT@mail.gmail.com%3E
>>> [2] http://github.com/davisp/couchdb/tree/new_externals
>>> [3] http://davispj.com/2010/09/26/new-couchdb-externals-api.html

Heh looks like my old proxy handler. Really like the idea. Reading the
code I see you're not rewriting the Location header  when you send the
response neither cleaning the Host header is there any reason of this
? I saw lot of problem due to this especially with javascript code. I
may have a patch for that.

About removing _externals, I'm not sure. Maybe keeping old one
available or better if possible reusing your new os process handling .
One thing I like with using io is that you don't need http semantic
parsing, just a json parser which ease some codes. I can do a script
in sh . Also less latency sometimes.

make check is ok on my mac. I will do more test during the day.

- benoƮt