couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using rebar to install couchdb
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 20:35:29 GMT
On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 4:16 PM, Joe Williams <joe@joetify.com> wrote:

> On Oct 13, 2010, at 4:23 PM, Benoit Chesneau wrote:
>
>> In an attempt to start some merging with cloudant I would like to
>> start by using rebar in our install process.
>>
>> Like i see it, we could continue to use autotools to create the
>> rebar.config files and other templates an then rebar for the final
>> build and dependencies management. This changes as noticed by @davisp
>> also imply we make our tree a little more OTP compliant. I would like
>> to start this work asap.
>>
>> Thoughts ?
>>
>> - benoit
>

> If it's any help I had this branch sitting on my local of a recent attempt at making
CouchDB 1.0.1 use rebar similar to what we did with BigCouch. It seems to work well.

> http://github.com/joewilliams/couchdb/tree/rebar_1.0.1
>

> -Joe
>

> Name: Joseph A. Williams
> Email: joe@joetify.com
> Blog: http://www.joeandmotorboat.com/
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/williamsjoe

Cool! This'll help getting the rebar configuration going.

For those of you watching in TV land, this change is obviously quite a
bit more extreme than the proposed changes. Just wanted to make a note
so I don't have to explain that we're not going to be deleting things
like the AUTHORS/THANKS/NOTICE files.

Paul Davis