couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Externals: Implemented with tests
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2010 16:26:08 GMT
On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 5:49 PM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not entirely sure about rewriting headers. For the most part I
> wanted to make sure that I wasn't modifying headers in anyway. If
> there's a specific set of headers that need to be handled then we can
> take a look at adding that in.

At least Location need cleaning at least since you get full headers
and pass them to mochiweb directly in start_response. A remote server
can set a Location to /some/path but you display behind
/_proxied/some/path. Also during redirection (302/303) , rewriting
locaton may be needed too though redirecting isn't handled yet.

I've already some code for that from couchdbproxy. Will provide a patch.
- benoit