couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: filter changes for some docids
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2010 18:36:26 GMT
On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 2:02 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> I'm thinking: GET /db/_changes?filter=_doc_ids
>
> Where _doc_ids references a built in Erlang function that does filtering
> by doc id. Much like _sum or _count for reduce.
>
> How does your scenario differ from this? Maybe I'm just unclear on it.

That's working in my case. Though if for doc_ids we posts i'm not sure
passing a param is needed in this case since we already define the
request with a POST and a json body containing a doc_ids member. ALso
if we want to mix doc_ids + a filter it would be better to handle the
POST + different params to the filter query argument, I think. In
other cases that is perfect . I could allows to create for exaample a
builtin function to get all changed design docs in a db for ex...

- benoit