couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Mikeal Rogers <mikeal.rog...@gmail.com>
Subject Mac install instructions : brew > ports
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2010 21:03:56 GMT
I just setup a new laptop and used homebrew to install the CouchDB deps
(spidermonkey & erlang).

Not only was it super fast and painless but I got a newer spidermonkey
(1.8.3) which is something like 30x faster for most of the stuff we do with
the view server but I also didn't have to pass any special parameters to
./configure.

Anyone object to me remove all references to MacPorts in our Mac install
instructions and replacing with homebrew?

-Mikeal