couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject _replicate & _replicator
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 21:19:38 GMT
Hi all,

Thanks to the awesome work of fdmanana we have now _replicator in
trunk and obviously in 1.1. But we still have _replicate handler in
the code that works differently . Replication handled by _replicate
doesn't create a doc and can't e stopped in the same way. So I was
asking myself if we shouldn't solve this issue before releasing 1.1 .
I see 2 way to do it :

- simply remove the _replicate handler
- make the _replicate handler that works like the old one but create
doc in _replicator db

I think the second solution is better. Also solving that issue would
allows me to merge my replicator ui branch that uses _replicator
features.

Thoughts?

- benoƮt