couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Mikeal Rogers <mikeal.rog...@gmail.com>
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2010 18:11:03 GMT
I'm working on the new Futon code and I've started working through the view
builder.

One goal I have is to morph this interface from primarily being used for
creating map/reduce functions to an interface for creating queries against
your views since we tend to get more questions about creating queries than
creating just map/reduce functions.

One question I have is that, for the map/reduce builder UI, we could easily
change this workflow to create new ddoc's and views rather than using
tmpviews. In fact it could make the code a lot cleaner and will be much
faster for testing out queries against a new map/reduce you're working on.

Thoughts?

-Mikeal