couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: filter changes for some docids
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2010 10:34:55 GMT
On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 7:20 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Benoit, all,
>
> I'm not too happy with how this turned out.
>
> There's multiple things this patch is trying to solve and by thinking about them separately,
I think we can come up with a cleaner, more future-proof design. I'd like to avoid special
casing for situations we think are common but turn out not to be.

> 1. Built-in filters. Much like built in reduce functions, the _doc_Ids filter could be
built-in. This would allow us to add more built-in filter functions in the future when we
discover patterns there.

What d you mean by built-in filter ? How would it be called ? If it's
like _count in reduce function it doesn't solve the case i'm trying to
solve, ie not creating a function for common case. But I think you
mean smth like built_in=... , but am not sure it's needed here since
we have only one case on POST.

So which usage do you expect ? Any example?

- benoƮt