couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <>
Subject Re: filter changes for some docids
Date Sun, 17 Oct 2010 00:10:14 GMT
On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 1:40 AM, Filipe David Manana
<> wrote:
> Reconsidering the doc_ids _changes parameter:
> I noticed it is mutually exclusive with the filter parameter. That is,
> if doc_ids is supplied the filter parameter is ignored.
> Wouldn't it be more interesting if we had an intersection?
> It could be useful for security reasons as well. A proxy could add the
> doc_ids parameter or a filter parameter to enforce some security
> policy.
I'm not sure intersection is something wanted.  _changes need to be
fast , and filters or doc_ids are already slow down the process.

Also you don't need to have doc_ids and filters, you can simply pass a
list of doc ids as parameters to a filter function via the query args.
On the other hand maybe we could allows a POST to be passed as a
property of a request object to a change filter function ?

- benoit

View raw message