couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Externals: Implemented with tests
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2010 21:15:12 GMT
Just a progress update. The HTTP proxy is now capable of running the
entire Futon test suite with only two failing tests. The http.js test
fails because its asserting an exact URL structure, where as running
through the proxy adds a path component. The other failing test is the
stats module. Because I just make CouchDB proxy to itself, the five or
so assertions on request counts fail because each request is causing
the stat to be incremented twice (which is to be expected).

I'm quite happy with how the current status of things.

What do people think about committing this? I think someone said to
wait till after 1.1.0 is released but I'm not changing any behavior of
the existing _external's API. Its still there completely intact so we
wouldn't be breaking anything people may currently rely on. Adding it
before 1.1 would give more people a chance to start using this in the
wild with crazy broken HTTP clients to find the remaining edge cases.

Feedback desired.

Paul Davis