couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: _replicate & _replicator
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2010 20:38:19 GMT
On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 9:51 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 5:52 AM, Chris Anderson <jchris@apache.org> wrote:
>> I think it is OK to leave the old replicator in when we ship the
>> replicator db. That way if there was a bug, there'd be a fallback in
>> the existing version.
>>

> Hum, but we don't offer the same promise for each use then, that's the
> only reaal issue I see by doing that. Are there any known issues in
> _replicator currently?
>
>> Can your UI work with the existing trunk?
>>
> Sure, I can make it work only with the _replicator. Will make the
> changes and provide the patch asap.

Awesome. Thanks.

I think the _replicator UI will be really useful for people and then
we'll have ample time to figure out how to merge the old and the new
apis.

I do like your idea of moving _replicate to be a control for the
_replicator db (for 1.2+). We could eventually restrict access to the
replicator db to _admins, so having the old api be for any user seems
like a good compromise.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson