couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using rebar to install couchdb
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2010 05:40:19 GMT
On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 7:25 AM, Peter Lemenkov <lemenkov@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/10/14 Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com>:

> Regarding switch to rebar - I don't see any significant benefits.
> Compiling *.erl files into *.beam and properly install them is not a
> rocket science and requires only few lines of shell scripting. At
> least on Linux. On the other hand I don't see any issues too (although
> I don't care about other OS than Linux)

rebar is very helpful to make erlang releases (using reltools) ready
for big deployments in production :

http://bitbucket.org/basho/rebar/wiki/ReleaseHandling

Our current build doesn't allow me to do that easily. Also on side
node, having CouchDB respecting more OTP conventions would be good
too.

- benoƮt