couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chas Emerick <cemer...@snowtide.com>
Subject CouchDB wiki updates (spec vs. impl docs)
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2010 12:57:41 GMT
In the course of discussing _changes' `since` in #couchdb, kocolosk
and I talked a bit about the differences in the core HTTP API between
single-node couchdb proper, and "alternative" implementations of it
(e.g. lounge and bigcouch):

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/HTTP_database_API

A number of values there are explicitly specified as integers, whereas
e.g. bigcouch uses strings (since, update_seq, instance_start_time,
etc) AFAIK.  I'm sure there are a variety of other differences.

Before I updated the wiki, I stopped short to post here and ask:

Is the documentation @ wiki.apache.org/couchdb intended to define the
"couchdb API specification", or simply to describe the single-node
couchdb server's implementation of it (were such a separate spec to
exist)?

Thanks,

- Chas