couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New Externals: Implemented with tests
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2010 16:19:59 GMT
Hi Paul, nice work.  A few small points regarding couch_os_daemons:

1) couch_os_daemons:stop() will actually restart couch_os_daemons, won't it? The child is
specified as 'permanent', so even if it stops with reason normal the couch_secondary_services
supervisor will start it again, I think.

2) Why do you make the table private?  I think protected would be a better choice.  Then handle_call(daemon_info,
...) can just return the table handle, and the client can do whatever inspection is desired.
 It would be more useful than the simple list in my opinion.

3) If you give couch_config:register a pointer to an exported function rather than an anonymous
function it becomes much easier to hot-upgrade couch_os_daemons w/o killing couch_config down
the line.

I haven't quite finished reviewing the code, but I think this stuff should make 1.1.  Best,
Adam