couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Klaus Trainer <>
Subject Re: Introducing Bram Neijt
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2010 10:18:20 GMT
Hi Bram,

cool to see your interest in contributing to the CouchDB project!

AFAIK we currently don't have read authorization on a per-document

For write authorization on a per-document level we've got validation

See e.g. here:
and also here:

Recently, there has been reported an issue with it when replicating:

I haven't looked closely at it yet. However, it's really a major issue
if validation functions don't work properly with replication, and it
should get fixed then.

Maybe you wanna take this as a starting point.

Always feel free to ask questions or discuss with others in the #couchdb
chatroom at freenode.

On Tue, 2010-10-26 at 11:51 +0200, Bram Neijt wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> I'm a developer at Xebia and I've been granted about 5 hours a week to
> spend on implementing any open source project problem I would like to
> see fixed.
> I've chosen to have a go at per document authorization for couchdb.
> As I'm weeding through the archives, I would love to hear about the
> current approaches, who is involved, what is planned and what may be
> considered an acceptable solution.
> Looking forward to making a contribution,
> Bram

View raw message