couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Klaus Trainer <klaus.trai...@web.de>
Subject Re: Introducing Bram Neijt
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2010 10:18:20 GMT
Hi Bram,

cool to see your interest in contributing to the CouchDB project!

AFAIK we currently don't have read authorization on a per-document
level.

For write authorization on a per-document level we've got validation
functions.

See e.g. here:
http://guide.couchdb.org/draft/validation.html
and also here:
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Document_Update_Validation

Recently, there has been reported an issue with it when replicating:

I haven't looked closely at it yet. However, it's really a major issue
if validation functions don't work properly with replication, and it
should get fixed then.

Maybe you wanna take this as a starting point.

Always feel free to ask questions or discuss with others in the #couchdb
chatroom at freenode.

Cheers,
Klaus