couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Metson <simonmet...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Addition of modify-on-document-write hooks
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2010 01:23:27 GMT
Hi James.
	I think the thing to do is require that a document has a user field,
and that the value of that field matches the userCtx in the
validate_doc_update function. This then pushes the issue client side,
and makes the servers life easier. It could also be added by the front
end apache in the case of our deployment, I think. I can see this sort
of trigger thing being a good way of giving people a loaded gun aimed
at their foot, they certainly are in Oracle if you're not careful.
Cheers
Simon