couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <>
Subject Re: multiview using bloom filters
Date Sat, 25 Sep 2010 01:16:46 GMT

Just glanced through. Looks better. Any feeling for a performance differences?

Also, I glanced at the original files that you linked to. The bit
array files didn't have a license, but what you've got there does have
EPL headers. We need to make sure we have permission to do so. I would
assume as much, but we have to be careful about such things in the
ASF. You only need to get an email from the original author saying its

I'm a bit caught up with some other code at the moment, I'll give a
more thorough combing over tomorrow.

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 7:54 PM, Norman Barker <> wrote:
> Hi,
> thanks to Paul's excellent suggestion I have rewritten the multiview
> to use bloom filters, I had a concern that a bloom filter per view
> would use too much memory but thanks in the main to excellent
> implementation of bloom filters in erlang
> ( they seem to be
> very space efficient.
> New code is here
> The code is simple, all one process, once we have agreed the approach
> we can decide if there is any benefit in making the bloom filter
> generation occur a separate process (using a genserver).
> Comments as always appreciated, I will continue adding to the test suite.
> thanks for the help,
> Norman

View raw message