couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1001283 - in /couchdb/trunk/etc/couchdb: Makefile.am default.ini.tpl.in
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2010 18:10:19 GMT
On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 1:42 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 7:39 PM, Filipe David Manana
> <fdmanana@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> I was thinking the .uri file was going into a directory within the
>> users' home directory for the desktopcouch case.
>> My mistake then.
>>
> It is if couchdb is installed locally in the home. (though it may be a
> security pb if this file is world readable depending of the company
> policy.
>
> My answer was more about the csv etc :) what ip i choose to listen and why ?
>
> - benoƮt

I think we're starting to talk about orthogonal issues. If you mean a
couchdb installed in the home directory, in say, ~/couchdb/, then they
would've had to do something like ./configure --prefix=~/couchdb/
which would make the default couch.uri path
~/couchdb/var/run/couch.uri. Prefixes don't go away based on where its
installed.

If instead you mean the desktopcouch case that just has a custom
configuration, then they have the ability to set the path of the URI
file to their liking which is all that's needed.

If instead you meant something else, its still configurable so it can
be put where ever the user wants.

HTH,
Paul Davis