couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Replacing the _external API
Date Sun, 26 Sep 2010 20:59:25 GMT
On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 7:28 PM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've implemented the OS daemons feature and added some preliminary etap tests.
>
> Patch as commit is here:
>
> http://github.com/davisp/couchdb/commit/01b75b8f74cd31605cbdbc3a6f6c7b9e8fcdcbe3
>
> This feature affects zero functionality and is purely an addition to
> CouchDB. I'm tempted to just and commit it because of that but I'm
> gonna wait another day or two to see if someone comes up with a strong
> opposition to this line of development.
>
> Feed back desired.
>
> Paul Davis

Here's the second part of the new API. Its an HTTP proxy. Yep.

http://github.com/davisp/couchdb/tree/http_proxy

Configure it like such:

[httpd_global_handlers]
_name = {couch_httpd_proxy, handle_proxy_req, <<"http://proxied-domain.tld/">>}

It'll try and be as transparent as possible.

I haven't got any tests for this other than just poking at it with
cURL because I can't think of a decent way to implement the tests. If
anyone has a good idea on that, send me a line.

I'm gonna watch a bit more football and then put together a blog post
that explains the current state of things, the new bits, and then
shows the new stuff off with something that I think people might find
interesting.

HTH,
Paul Davis