couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Zellner <jeff.zell...@gmail.com>
Subject Multiview handler?
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2010 12:49:29 GMT
What's the status of a multiview handler? I hear there's one being worked
on. Is there anything I can do to help out with it?

I wrote one for my immediate use yesterday, but it's pretty ghetto:

Used as a httpd_global_handler -- you POST it JSON in the form of

{
"usersuppliedname1":"view1_query_string",
"usersuppliedname2":"view2_query_string",
 ... etc.
}

It simply does inets httpc queries and returns the aggregate results in
JSON, each keyed by the user supplied name. It works for my purposes (by
reducing the number of HTTP requests sent over physical distance), but I'm
assuming that the 'real' implementation will query the views through the
API, and not through batching remote->local HTTP queries.

Cheers!

Jeff