couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1001283 - in /couchdb/trunk/etc/couchdb: Makefile.am default.ini.tpl.in
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2010 12:59:29 GMT
On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 2:16 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:

> On 28 Sep 2010, at 19:07, Paul Davis wrote:
>
>> It already is a config option:
>>
>> [couchdb]
>> uri_file = %localstaterundir%/couch.uri
>
> This seals the deal for me.

I don't say we should, but changing a configuration file isn't the
same as a command line option we could use in a deployment script.
Something like it is generally possible in most program distribution
around. This is for me like changing pidfile path or socket path on
other programs.

> How about:
>
>        - No command line options, and no daemon options.

-1
>        - The above config option should suffice.
+1

0

>        - The format of the file should be a single URL per line.
+1

>        - The file will never have more than two entries in it.
0.

>        - If we ever need to offer named VHOST capabilities, we can use multiple files.

+1

0
>        - That should maintain backward compatibility.
+1.