couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Norman Barker <norman.bar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: multiview on github
Date Sat, 18 Sep 2010 03:32:07 GMT
Chris, James

thanks for bumping this, we are using this internally at 'scale'
(million+ keys). I want this to work for couchdb as we want to give
back for such a great product and support this going forward, so any
suggestions welcomed and we will test and add them to the local github
account with the aim of getting this into trunk.

Norman

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 7:00 PM, James Hayton <theboss@purplebulldog.com> wrote:
> I want to use it!  I just haven't gotten around to it.  I was going to try
> and test it out this weekend and if I am able, I will certainly report back
> what I find.
>
> James
>
> On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 5:55 PM, Chris Anderson <jchris@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 10:58 AM, Norman Barker <norman.barker@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Bob,
>> >
>> > I can and have been testing the multiview at this scale, it is ok
>> > (fast enough), but I think being able to test inclusion of a document
>> > id in a view without having to loop would be a considerable speed
>> > improvement. If you have any ideas let me know.
>> >

>> I just want to bump this thread, as I think this is a useful feature.
>> I don't expect to be able to test it in the coming weeks, but if I did
>> I would. Is anyone besides Norman using this? Has anyone used it at
>> scale?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Chris
>>
>> > thanks,
>> >
>> > Norman

>> http://github.com/normanb/couchdb/raw/trunk/src/couchdb/couch_query_ring.erl

>> effective

>> the mailing list but this is *view intersection*? Is there a 5 line summary
>> of what this does somewhere?

>> not all of the other daemons are gen_servers. OTP allows this but I think
>> this is a good area where some CouchDB guidelines on plugins would apply.

>> trickier aspects of using CouchDB, particularly for new users coming from
>> the SQL world. People are also reporting issues with performance of views, I
>> guess often because reduce functions go out of control.

>> were available as plugins. I would put GeoCouch in the same category. Its
>> very neat and timely (given everyone wants to know where everyone else is
>> using their telephone but without talking other than asynchronously), but a
>> server plugin architecture that would allow this to be done cleanly should
>> come first.

>> founders and committers weigh in on this and set some direction.

>> if

>> /dev

it, but I have
>> already

> [...]