couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: documentation about database file format
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2010 13:48:38 GMT
There's nothing particular to the db file format. There is a blog post
that [1] that covers some of the semantics of writing and what not.
Other than that, its probably easiest to ask questions here or on IRC.

The source files you'd be interested in are, couch_db_updater.erl,
couch_stream.erl, couch_btree.erl, couch_file.erl. I tend to read code
from the bottom up, so I'd go through those files in roughly reverse
order. The btree code can be scary at first, but if you ignore
anything that deals with reduce it should be readable.

HTH,
Paul Davis

[1] http://horicky.blogspot.com/2008/10/couchdb-implementation.html