couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From "[mRg]" <emar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDb not releasing files
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2010 18:09:23 GMT
I am trying to reproduce it currently on a fresh VM. It seems to be a
symptom of view compaction, after the file is moved to the .delete directory
and then finally deleted is where the problem seems to occur.

I tried with a fresh ubuntu 10.10 but I couldnt reproduce but the system I'm
seeing it on is ext3 (ubuntu was ext4) so I'm going to start again with that
and report back.

I did wonder how this would be reproduced in a test as you have to get quite
low level (using lsof) to see if the issue is manifesting itself :)

Regards

Stephen