couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB 1.1
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2010 05:03:33 GMT
On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Robert Newson <robert.newson@gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> I figured I'd start the thread as I have some cool stuff in trunk that
> I'd like to see in a release one of these days.
>
> What should be in 1.1? When should we release it?
>
> FYI: I've added three things I think are important for 1.1;
>
> 1) support for the Range header for uncompressed attachments.

> 2) HTTPS support for the couchdb daemon.

the addition of more SSL support requires us to update our crypto
disclosure before the release. the details are here:

http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html

Since we are really just using the Erlang SSL libraries, I think the
best option is to change our listing from ibrowse to ssl. that way
should we move to a different http client in the future we won't need
to worry about paperwork.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson