couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <robert.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1001283 - in /couchdb/trunk/etc/couchdb: Makefile.am default.ini.tpl.in
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2010 21:58:07 GMT
I didn't figure out to do it but when ssl is enabled the file should
probably contain two lines.

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 10:53 PM, Chris Anderson <jchris@apache.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 1:58 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 26 Sep 2010, at 00:18, Chris Anderson wrote:

>>> I see the http URL as being much more like a PID file than a database
>>> file. Is there something I'm missing?
>>
>> It is fine as it is:
>>
>> http://www.pathname.com/fhs/2.2/fhs-5.13.html
>>
>> We should rethink the filename though. My original suggestion was to call it "couch.addr"
and only include the network address and port number. But we can't do this until we have a
separate port number for SSL connections - because you wouldn't be able to tell what the protocol
was from this file. Not sure that's a huge issue though. Feedback welcome.