couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1001283 - in /couchdb/trunk/etc/couchdb: Makefile.am default.ini.tpl.in
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2010 19:49:31 GMT
On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 9:41 PM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:

> What if the client doesn't have access to the arbitrarily chosen
> address? There's no way that CouchDB can guess at all the possible
> network configurations to try and make that choice. Even if a random
> address works 99% of the time, why make a decision to break things for
> the 1%? Even if we list multiple address the client is free to just
> try the first one and have it work 99% of the time.
indeed.
So let' let the client doing the choice itself. I think that's indeed
case where there will be more than one will be rare. Put all urls on
different lines may be more "unix".

> I'm not sure what you mean by virtual hosting and different data or
> what problems that might introduce.

was thinking to a vhost systeme àla apache

[vhost]
port = 5984
bind_address = 127.0.0.1
database_dir = /usr/local/var/lib/couchdb
view_index_dir = /usr/local/var/lib/couchdb
uri_file = /usr/local/var/lib/couchdb/couch.uri

etc . one section per vhost. Just a thought.

- benoit