couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Andrey Somov <py4...@gmail.com>
Subject escript tests
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2010 09:17:23 GMT
Hi all,
I like CouchDB and I would like to read its source to understand it better.
While reading the code I have already discovered places where it can
be improved (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-800)

I find it very helpful to run and debug tests.

1. Some test fail - I get endless loop. Are the escript  tests
maintained ? (If yes I will try to find out what is wrong with my
setup)

2. '020-btree-bacisc.t' test only works with big lists. When the
rows() method returns less then 40 then the test fail. Does it mean
that the BTree does not work with small portions of data ? May the
test be changed (or added) to be able to process 3-5 values because it
would be much more convenient to follow the execution with the
debugger ?

3. If I find a place where the code may be improved shall I first
raise a question in this list or should I create an issue with a patch
and an explanation ?

--
Andrey