couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1001283 - in /couchdb/trunk/etc/couchdb: Makefile.am default.ini.tpl.in
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2010 19:05:24 GMT
On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 2:52 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 8:10 PM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>> My answer was more about the csv etc :) what ip i choose to listen and why ?
> This is indeed another issue.
>

>> I think we're starting to talk about orthogonal issues. If you mean a
>> couchdb installed in the home directory, in say, ~/couchdb/, then they
>> would've had to do something like ./configure --prefix=~/couchdb/
>> which would make the default couch.uri path
>> ~/couchdb/var/run/couch.uri. Prefixes don't go away based on where its
>> installed.
>>

> Did I say that? But you're right , that's just actually we can't set
> it at compilation differently from the place we put the pid. *Maybe*
> we could have a --with-uri option at compilation ?
>

> - benoƮt

We don't currently set any file specific paths in the configure step
to my knowledge, and I don't think this is a good place to start. The
things we do set are based on semantics, ie, localstatelibdir,
localstaterundir, localstatelogdir. Semantically speaking, the
localstaterundir is the best place for couch.uri as outlined
previously.

HTH,
Paul Davis