couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1001283 - in /couchdb/trunk/etc/couchdb: Makefile.am default.ini.tpl.in
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2010 23:50:14 GMT
On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 3:55 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:

> On 27 Sep 2010, at 23:08, Chris Anderson wrote:
>
>> Hmm I don't see why multiple bind addresses matter.
>
> Just wondering how a client would use them. If there are three bind addresses, how do
you know which one to use? I'm not sure I understand the use case here. Not that I don't think
clients need to know how to speak to the running CouchDB, just that I don't understand the
circumstances around it well enough.

you might want to bind to :80 and :5984, for obvious reasons. now
people do that with a proxy, but you could do it with Couch, too.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net