couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Filipe David Manana <fdman...@apache.org>
Subject upgrading ibrowse (again)
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2010 10:34:05 GMT
Hi all,

Recently, I upgraded ibrowse in trunk (from 1.5.1 to 1.6.2).

The reasons were several (check the README of ibrowse -
http://github.com/cmullaparthi/ibrowse).
I did it on 1.0.x as well since it adds an important bug fix for the
proxy support feature.

However, I recently found that it had a serious issue when streaming
chunked responses (with {stream_to, {pid(), once} option) -
http://github.com/cmullaparthi/ibrowse/issues/closed#issue/7

Chandru, ibrowse's author, just committed a fix for this and added at
the same time more changes, upgrading ibrowse from version 1.6.2 to
2.0.0 - http://github.com/cmullaparthi/ibrowse/commit/d756a2b0b6a792639c5f4fad7db1fe461e6d3634

I definitely want to upgrade trunk to use ibrowse 2.0.0.
However I'm unsure if we should do it for 1.0.x as well, since adds
more changes then the streaming of chunked responses fix.

Let me know your opinions.

cheers

--
Filipe David Manana,