couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dirkjan Ochtman <>
Subject Database-level statistics/on-disk file names
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2010 08:10:13 GMT
Hi there,

I'd like to be able to determine how much disk space the index for a
certain ddoc takes. Is there any easy way of doing that?

Relatedly, would it be possible to rejigger the on-disk layout a
little bit to make the filenames easier to understand? For example, we
now have:

It would seem nicer to have, e.g.

(Unless maybe you want to be able to rename design docs without having
to re-index, but I think even that would be manageable.) This would
also make index size fairly transparent.

Semi-relatedly, has anyone taken a swing at reflecting /_stats into a
Futon page?

View raw message