couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB 1.1
Date Sat, 18 Sep 2010 18:08:31 GMT
On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> On 15 Sep 2010, at 23:40, David Kendal wrote:
>
>> What about full-text indexing and searching (built-in, without
>> Lucene)? There was a project to do that a while back, did it ever get
>> anywhere? Or was it integrated into trunk and released and I just
>> never noticed?
>
> FTI is a good feature, but we don't have anything there yet.
>
> I think the reason for a 1.1 release would be releasing new features
> we already have (SSL) or are currently working on (maybe new Futon)
> but not ones we still have a whole lot of work to do on.

The replicator db is the big one. I think we should get a UI for that
before we release. Once we have that I think we are good for 1.1. (SSL
is rad too).

I think we should hold the new Futon for 1.2 so it can go into trunk
right after a release and get some baking time.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net