couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDb not releasing files
Date Sat, 25 Sep 2010 15:57:10 GMT
Bob,

If memory serves, this thread doesn't have anything to do with the
couch_db_updater not functioning properly. I thought all the
"unlreased files" were related to views, and more specifically, view
compaction. Ie, its quite possible that calling couch_file:stop in the
proper place would've fixed this. So, my thought was perhaps with
Filipe's spotting this and adding the patch, it might fix the view
compaction leaking file descriptors issue.

HTH,
Paul Davis

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 11:47 AM, Robert Dionne
<dionne@dionne-associates.com> wrote:

> On Sep 25, 2010, at 11:15 AM, Randall Leeds wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 17:07, Robert Dionne
>> <dionne@dionne-associates.com> wrote:
>>> couch_file has a close function which presumably does the right thing, but it's
only called from couch_db_update:terminate