couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1001283 - in /couchdb/trunk/etc/couchdb: Makefile.am default.ini.tpl.in
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2010 17:52:48 GMT
On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 19:42, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 7:39 PM, Filipe David Manana
> <fdmanana@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> I was thinking the .uri file was going into a directory within the
>> users' home directory for the desktopcouch case.
>> My mistake then.

I think we should make this a config option and be done with it.
Someone mentioned this already.

If I'm to pick up on what Paul said about "scenarios" I would have to
say that, from what I see, it appears as though the "default" install
scenario from the source tarball is "server daemon". In that case,
/var/run should be the default and a switch (maybe even command line
to make it *super* easy to change [don't hurt me, Noah]), could allow
to put the file elsewhere.

-Randall