couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Dionne <dio...@dionne-associates.com>
Subject Re: CouchDb not releasing files
Date Sat, 25 Sep 2010 16:12:02 GMT
I see, cool. I just saw the patch, was wondering how all these terminate functions were being
called, and started refreshing my memory on these bits. They aren't all that intuitive.

Well it's a good idea to try it, as it's harmless and might fix the problem.

Thanks Filipe, Randall, and Paul, for the schooling

On Sep 25, 2010, at 11:57 AM, Paul Davis wrote:

> Bob,
>
> If memory serves, this thread doesn't have anything to do with the
> couch_db_updater not functioning properly. I thought all the
> "unlreased files" were related to views, and more specifically, view
> compaction. Ie, its quite possible that calling couch_file:stop in the
> proper place would've fixed this. So, my thought was perhaps with
> Filipe's spotting this and adding the patch, it might fix the view
> compaction leaking file descriptors issue.
>
> HTH,
> Paul Davis
>
> On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 11:47 AM, Robert Dionne
> <dionne@dionne-associates.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Sep 25, 2010, at 11:15 AM, Randall Leeds wrote:

it's only called from couch_db_update:terminate