couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Prater <steph...@agrussell.com>
Subject Re: CommonJS in map and reduce
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2010 16:15:58 GMT
Actually, upon further inspection I think this is probably closer to a
Ruby's "include" than it is to "require" - which is a good thing.

At some point, the view server will be required to compile/eval
whatever code is in the "lib" element, no?

Would it do this separately from compiling the views themselves?   I'm
not entirely clear on how the CommonJS module system is supposed to
behave here.

Obviously, any "lib" code in a Ruby view server, would have to be
written in Ruby, and not JS.

stephen